Friday, April 9, 2010

Farenheit 451

This book is a novel that can become very interesting. Some things in the first third of the novel that stood out were the characteristics of Clarisse, and Montag. They are two very opposite people. Clarisse is a bright person while Montag seems to be a dark person as do the other firemen in the book. Another thing was the persepective of Beatty. This is something that stood out towards the end.
I can see this being compared to today because we are slowly losing the use of paperback novels. I don't think quite as many are being sold today as in the past. There are more options to reading a book; online or on a hand held device.

3 comments:

  1. I also think that we are loosing the books today. Many people use the internet to replace books and reading for leisure is rare. I mean i know that i never read because i'm bored, we turn to other things to occupy time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the use of books is becoming less popular. I don't know very many people that acutally own a library card or go to book stores to purchase books for themselves. The technology that we have come out with today allows us to be able to get the information from books without actually picking up a book and reading it. I know when doing research projects its so much easier for me to use the academic search complete software than it is for me to go to a libray and look up a book and then read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cally that we are slowly losing reading books because technology is always making something new to keep peoples attention and things are replacing paperback books.

    ReplyDelete