Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week 4: Feed

I think that 'Feed' was a very weird/interesting book. Many things that happened in the book I thought were very strange. Though, it was a science fiction book, so that's what I would've expected. Having a chip insterted into your brain to control everything you do, where you have no control over it. This can be related to our culture in a way though I think because although we can contorl our own actions, I think that in so many ways, the government is controlling what we are doing. I don't want to start a debate so I'm not going to dwell on the politics. All in all, I did not enjoy the novel, it's not my type of literature, not that any kind is, but I'd certainly reccomend it to someone who enjoys science fiction.

4 comments:

  1. It does seem like this is already happened to alot of people but not in a literal sense. The government and the technology that we do have today does control some people and causes people to make poor decisions or even become ill. I can't imagine what our nation/world would be like if this ever came true but for some reason it feels like we are headed in that direction. SCARY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never considered your point of view about the government. The view of the "feed" has sort of been implanted as the media and corporations from the book as well as our class discussions. Now, after you mentioned it, I can see how the government can also be a simile for the feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the book the schools were taken over by corporations and no longer run by the government. Corporations have almost seemed to replace government, or they have become almost the same thing. Hopefully this would never happen in real life.

    ReplyDelete